How the FREE Funeral Cover works
As of 15 September 2017, CAPFIN Customers applying for a Personal Loan will qualify for FREE Funeral Cover valued at R5000 for natural death and R10 000 for accidental death. This Funeral Cover:
- Covers you as the CAPFIN Account Holder, as long as your Personal Loan Account remains active and in good standing
- Has no waiting period - you will be immediately covered
- Comes at no cost to you - it’s FREE
- Is underwritten by Abacus Life Limited, who will contact you directly via SMS once your CAPFIN Personal Loan has been approved
Who receives the Funeral Cover Pay Out?
Abacus Life will contact you via SMS, to nominate the person (beneficiary) who you would like to receive the Funeral Cover pay out. You can also change your nominated beneficiary details at any time by contacting Abacus Life on
- 0800 777 444
- or by Fax to 011-211 1090
- or by email to email@example.com
The beneficiary will receive the Funeral Cover pay out only upon the death of the CAPFIN Account Holder.
Easy steps on how to claim your Funeral Cover
- Claims must be submitted to Abacus Life by phoning their Call Centre
on 0800 777 444 within 6 months of the death of the CAPFIN Account Holder
- Claims must be accompanied by the following:
- an official or certified copy of the original death certificate of the CAPFIN Account Holder
- a clear, certified copy of the CAPFIN Account Holder’s identity document
- a clear, certified copy of the beneficiary’s identity document
- a police report in the case of accidental death
- a copy of a bank statement of the beneficiary for payment of the Funeral Cover
- any other documentation that Abacus Life may reasonably ask for
Claims will be paid out within 48 hours, provided that all the necessary documentation is received.
Funeral Cover underwritten by Abacus Life Limited.
Reg. no. 2007/032597/06.
How the FREE Death Benefit works
The CAPFIN Death Benefit is a benefit extended to all CAPFIN’s customers. The outstanding balance on the customer’s Loan Account(s) will be written off in the event of their death. This Benefit:
- Comes at no extra cost – It’s FREE
- All CAPFIN customers are eligible, regardless if you are a new or existing customer.
Easy steps on how to apply for the FREE Death Benefit
Applications will require the following documentation:
- copy of the deceased CAPFIN Account Holder's ID
- a clear, certified copy of the death certificate
- a clear, certified copy of the Masters letters of executorship (if applicable)
Submit all documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Once documents are received, CAPFIN will independently verify deceased status.
Note: that timelines are subject to delays due to third party involvement.